Monday, October 3, 2011

October Presidency Message

When it comes to opening my mouth and talking to others about the gospel, I'm getting braver. I talked with a neighbor this week about his struggle to understand a few religious concepts, including the divinity of Jesus Christ. I was able to share with my neighbor that I believe that Jesus Christ is much more than a good man or prophet; Jesus Christ is the Son of God. President Heber J. Grant said, "There is nothing so dear to the human heart as the testimony of Jesus Christ." This conversation made me realize how grateful I am for my knowledge and testimony of the Savior. I think sometimes I take it for granted. I know that Jesus Christ was the perfect example for us to follow. His invitation to, "Come fol-low me," took on a new meaning for me this week as I shared my testimony with my neighbor. I wondered if my neighbors would know by my words and deeds that I am a follower of Jesus Christ. "To follow an individual means to watch him or listen to him closely; to accept his authority, to take him as a leader, and to obey him; to support and advocate his ideas; and to take him as a model. Each of us can accept this challenge. " (Howard W. Hunter, Oct. 1994 Liahona, He Invites Us to Follow Him) It is my hope that we can rise up and accept the challenge to "live with ever more attention to the life and example of the Lord Jesus Christ, emulating the love and hope and compassion he dis-played." (Howard W. Hunter) Love, Natalie Kahumoku

Mark your Calendars:
Ward Temple Night Thursday, Oct. 6th

Primary Program Primary program will be Sunday, Oct. 16th.

Zumba is at the Church every Monday & Wednesday @9:30 come join us!

Relief Society Activity Thurs, Oct. 20th—details TBD

Book Group Tuesday, Oct. 25th
@ 7:30 pm— The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer

 Super Saturday, Nov 5. 9-3 @ church A Homemade Christmas‖

Book Group for Nov & Dec is Nov 29th at Lynette Peters
We are reading the Daughter in my Kingdom that was handed out